Taking good care of your Brazilian Hair means gentle treatment. Becuase new growth starts at your scalp, the parts of the hair at the ends can be months or years old and need to be handled carefully. Choosing the proper tools and techniques for your Brazilian Human Hair type will help keep your locks long and healthy.
1. Use combs with teeth that are appropriate for your Brazilian Virgin Hair. For example, use a wide-toothed comb if you have thick, curly hair. Be especially gentle when combing if your hair is wet.
2. Protect your hair from the sun and the elements by wearing hats and scarves, especially in the heat of summer.
3. Trim your hair regulary to get rid of split ends, which can impede hair growth.
4. Avoid heat from hair dryers and curling irons. If you must use them, use the coolest setting possible to achieve your style. Use a heat protection gel to protect your hair.
5. Limit your use of chemical processes such as relaxers and permanent hair color. Improper use of relaxers, which straighten curly hair, can cause breakage. Perms, which curl straight hair, can have the same result. Some hair colors can damage your scalp, which will impede hair growth.